Kentucky Lock Downstream Lock Excavation
Grand Rivers, KY
- The Kentucky Lock Addition Project is located at Mile 22.4 of the Tennessee River in western Kentucky. The Kentucky Lock Addition Project includes design and construction of a new 110-foot by 1,200-foot lock to be located landward of the existing 110-foot by 600-foot lock. Each lock is owned by TVA and operated/maintained by USACE.
HGC'S SCOPE OF WORK:
- Kentucky Lock Downstream Lock Excavation
- Estimated completion date is July 2022.
- Completed by HGC Personnel
- 520,000 Cubic Yards of Overburden Excavation
- 235,000 Cubic Yards of Rock Excavation
- Completed in partnership with Coastal Drilling East, LLC, an SDI Company
- Installation of 100 High Capacity Anchors
- Installation of a Grout Curtain Cutoff Wall
- Installation of 40 Grouted Steel Pipe Piles
- Coastal Drilling East, LLC - An SDI Company - Website
- US Army Core of Engineers - Kentucky Lock Addition Project - Website
- Explore Kentucky Lake - Website