- Field Engineering Technician
- Multiple Openings Available
- This position will require travel and provides an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated technician to gain valuable experience on a wide range of heavy civil construction related projects.
- This position will give the candidate the opportunity to expand their technological background in heavy civil construction while providing the opportunity to gain valuable project management experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and studies bid documents to gain a thorough understanding of the project scope of work.
- Assists with the with maintaining the project set of IFC Drawings and assuring that the set is always the correct revision. Assist the PM with reviewing revised drawings for changes as they are issued.
- Ensure that project documentation is being prepared accurately (daily reports, time sheets, photos, as-builts, material test reports, subcontractor progress, etc.) and are being filed properly and timely.
- Maintains tracking spreadsheets for production quantities, materials, etc. for the project.
- Ensures that As-Built drawings are being prepared (via Autocad) which include accurate data
- Assists the PM with documenting and tracking of Extra Work costs, assuring out of scope work is being captured as a Change Order and that Extra Work is not being performed without proper authorization.
- Maintains RFI and Change Order Logs and periodically updates
- Maintains updated purchase log and tracks field purchases.
- Performs takeoffs and obtaining quotes for required subs, materials, etc. that are required throughout the project.
- Maintains Project files for quick access and for future reference.
- Attends the daily planning meetings and prepares meeting notes to document and communicate to PM and Client.
- Attends the weekly on site progress meeting with the client and takes meeting notes.
- Assist in the preparation and review of resource scheduling and 3 week look ahead
- Assists the PM/Site Manager with maintaining and updating the project schedule.
- Ensure that all documents are cost coded (ie. project expense reports, delivery tickets, payroll.) Ensure that cost coding is correct.
- When dedicated site safety personnel are not provided on a project, assist the project team with documenting safety meetings, JSAs, etc.
- Work in a team environment where employees are motivated and enjoy their jobs
- Foster a positive atmosphere where employees can grow and succeed
- Promote good lines of communication among all of the employees in the division
- The more open communications are, the more ideas are shared, the more employees will work together
- This is important for the company’s growth and well being
- Participation in weekly meetings to make sure that all pertinent issues are discussed and resolved
- Follow company policies and procedures so that employees perform their tasks efficiently and correctly
- Encourage the employees to develop suggestions to improve and streamline the procedures
- Participate in marketing and business development (ie. Develop a good relationship with the client, inspectors, etc. ask about upcoming projects and opportunities for HGC to continue working with the client)
- Ask questions and learn from each other
- Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology, with emphasis on construction or similar related training/experience
- Must be proficient in MS Excel
- Experience with Autodesk Autocad or drafting programs a plus
- 2 or more years of computer drafting experience and/or education
- 0 – 2 years of experience in heavy construction or a related field
Skills & Abilities:
- Highly organized
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented atmosphere
- Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel experience
- Ability to work within CADD or similar design software
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time
- Sound technical knowledge
- Highly motivated, self-starter
HGC is a multi-faceted Heavy Civil General Contractor capable of handling the most complex projects and toughest challenges nationwide. Our in house expertise is combined with unparalleled resources which deliver unrivaled solutions for our clients each day.CONTACT US...